Art House Productions Holding Open Auditions for ‘Murder on Ice’ Sunday & Monday
Art House Productions is holding auditions this Sunday and Monday for its spring play, Murder on Ice. The show is a comedy/suspense set in an ice rink, and it is being produced by Christine Goodman and directed by Jack Halpin.
Here are the roles Art House is seeking:
- Frank Roberts: late 40s, penny-pinching owner of Red River Ice Rink
- Bobby Hatch: 20s-30s, brooding skater with a bad temper, “man with a past.” Must move well/dance
- JoBell Martin: 20s, the star of the Sunshine Sparklers ice show. Must move well/dance
- The Sunshine Sparklers: 3 females in their 20’s, must move well/dance
- Benita Roberts: 30s, Frank’s wife and Manager of The Sunshine Sparklers. Smart and sassy, always gets what she wants
- Old Pete: 65+, hard-working and kind
- The Producer: 40-50s, snobbish and used to being pampered
- Detective: 30s, classic gumshoe, dealing with an intense phobia
- Males and Females: 18+, to play various characters
Performances will kick off May 13 and rehearsals are set to begin immediately in the evenings and weekends. The open call auditions will be held Sunday, April 10 from 3 to 7pm and Monday, April 11 from 7 to 9pm at Art House Productions (1 McWilliams Place, 6th Floor). Bring a one-minute comedic monologue and be prepared to cold read. All ethnicities are encouraged to try out and, no, there’s no actual ice skating required. The gig is non-union, and there is “some pay.”
If you cannot attend the open call, you can also submit your headshot and resume to info (at) arthouseproductions.org.