Fish with Braids Gallery Reopens Downtown with Wearable Art Event
The gallery will be located on the first floor of 190 Columbus Drive and will host a wearable art event for its grand opening on July 26. EVOLVE WEAR 3, branded “fashion for a new world,” features Brauser’s animal- and art-inspired creations.
At the event, several videos will also be screened, including the following:
- Documentary Video by Hoboken Film Factory, Francisco Dautant, and David Zee, “In Beauty I walk, Evolve Wear”
- Art Video by Raven Black, inspired by the Evolve Wear characters and designs of Uta Brauser
- Documentary by Diana Quinones Rivera of the dance performance choreographed by Laura Quattrocchi with “Waste Park,” filmed at an abandoned warehouse in Jersey City
- Documentary of Eva Moll’s action art
- Documentary of the Importance of Life with Colors by Masae Satouchi
There will also be projections by Adam Jeffrey and Anna Almquist, computer robot electronics by Pastiche, a photo booth run by by Robin Souma photography, a mad accessories exhibition and several Evolve Wear gowns on display.
The Evolve Wear collection will be presented at 8 pm followed by a performance by “colorful artist” Masae Satouchi at 8:30 pm.
The Fish with Braids opening event will be held Thursday, July 26, from 6 pm to 10 pm.
Photo courtesy of Uta Brauser