Golden Door Film Festival Submission Date Extended
Are you a filmmaker? Do you know someone who is? The Golden Door International Film Festival (GDIFF) has extended its submission date to June 12. GDIFF is Jersey City’s premier film festival now entering its fifth year, and it will take place in the iconic Landmark Loew’s Jersey Theatre in Journal Square and in other venues throughout the city. The Golden Door International Film Festival is the event for showcasing your indie film, scouting out new local talent or just networking with some of the industry’s established veterans and rising stars. For four days in late September, it will consist of screenings, discussions, galas and fantastic after-parties all celebrating our New Jersey filmmaking community. More than 10,000 people have viewed the more than 300 films screened since the event’s inception, and this year aims to be the largest yet. Submit your film for consideration through FreeFilm.com.
GDIFF is also the only film festival with a segment dedicated to raising awareness about Autism. On May 1, six students were awarded the “Excellence in Filmmaking” scholarship for their positive promotion of Autism and were honored at Landmark Loew’s Jersey Theatre: Joseph Sexton, Alexandra Jackman, Jonathan Carlander, Cherielle Molina, Blake Boles and Sammi Saad.
The 2015 Golden Door International Film Festival will be held from September 24 – 27. For more information, visit GoldenDoorFilmFestival.org.
- St. Peter’s Announces New Film Institute to Debut in 2015
- Golden Door Film Festival Promises Glitz, Glamour, and Great Flicks
- JC’s Bill Sorvino in New Short Film on Festival Circuit Hoping for Oscar Nod
- JC Filmmaker’s Movie ‘Surviving Family’ Coming to Living Rooms Nationwide
- Administration Aims to Make Jersey City the Premier Film Location in the State With New Film Ordinance